AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question on antibiotic residues
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 6/30/2022 18:56 (#9728382 - in reply to #9728025)
Subject: RE: Question on antibiotic residues

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
Thanks, RFI90 I don't think I should post name of this auditor at this time nor the company she worked for. This conversation just came up out of the blue while doing my certification. She made comment that there had been a case of persons or person that had shipped natural program cattle and there had been residues found at slaughter time. I asked for this said article or reporting of it, she told me she couldn't remember it.

The only antibiotic she brought up was CTC being fed as a calf I assume? I had my doubts as to the validity of this statement at the time. Nothing more was said on the subject. I wondered if it was a chance to ding or discredit another auditing company? I found it quite disturbing she didn't produce a name or article. So, at this time I don't know if it's just B.S. or true.

I just can't see a business running a risk or better yet not being able to pass their audit for not having proper protocol to remove natural cattle that have been treated to be moved to treated cattle pen to be marketed as non-natural program cattle.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)