AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question on antibiotic residues
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 6/29/2022 04:27 (#9725988)
Subject: Question on antibiotic residues

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
I was having a discussion with an auditor for cattle programs yesterday. She was telling me cattle can now be tested at slaughter time and find traces of use throughout an animal's life span if they had been fed substances like CTC and other antibiotic residues say while as a calf. I really questioned that with her. My response was long as animal had proper withholding times there would be no residues. I did add the comment, however there could be tissue damage from improper use of products and not following label. She was telling me if animal was ever treated, say early in life they could find traces. Is there someone out there giving miss information?

This came up in a discussion of natural programs, she tried to tell me it had been in the news some program cattle were tested and showed residues from early calfhood treatment. I rebutted her comments with, maybe someone did mass treat a pen of cattle at some time. Which should have kicked them out of program, however if proper withholding time before harvest could anything be found?

Can someone please educate me or maybe have a link to any studies.

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)