AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Finally tried keto
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Curious
Posted 6/29/2022 06:17 (#9726057 - in reply to #9725548)
Subject: RE: Finally tried keto

NW IA
Just curious about one thing. Have you eliminated seed (vegetable) oils? I sometimes wonder if 50% of my gains have come from eliminating seed oils.

Fried eggs are about the only thing I can think of that requires help in cooking and that is either accomplished with butter or retained bacon fat.

Most everything, beef, pork, and chicken goes through the pellet smoker.

Pretty much carnivore here too. I used to enjoy a big salad with avacados, EV olive oil etc. It might just be my imagination, but head lettuce (and some other produce) can smell like some kind of chemical soup. The chopped and washed ready to eat stuff seems "cleaner", again, maybe all in my head.

Best cheat for me is a few blueberries in cottage cheese with a little high % cacao chocolate shaved into the mix.

Also have convinced myself that something as simple as eating only food feels better. As in looking at labels and asking, " Is polysorbate 80, msg, sodium aluminum phosphate, etc food?. Nope, don't eat it."

Rib eye, pork chops, eggs, cheese, heavy cream without added gunk? Good to go!

Tend to eat only once, maybe twice a day in a 6 hour window. This has led to just feeling better, gives the system a chance to take out the trash, autophagy in a more technical expression of the concept.

Ditto on the thumbs up for what John Burns has contributed to this site.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)