Posted 6/28/2022 17:19 (#9725360) Subject: Phantom 4 Pro V2 with Sentera Sensor
Hello All, I have recently purchased a P4P v2 with a Sentera double 4k sensor attached to it and have started to map fields here in Northwest Ohio. Just wanted to highlight a couple points about my experience with Sentera's software and sensor usage as well as using it in combination with the P4P v2
- Sentera recommends that you run the DJI app in the background while you use their FieldAgent app to fly your mission. I flew my first couple of missions without it and did notice some GPS issues which might be the cause of it. They put this information on their support webpage but it can be kind of hard to find.
- Sentera's app is really user friendly and makes changing all of the different flight parameters really easy to do.
- They have always gotten back to me really quickly whenever I have had an issue and have been extremely pleasant to work with.
- If you have a Mac and plan on running their web application to generate your reports and analyze your data do it on Google Chrome instead of Safari. Safari messes up the the reports when they are generated but Chrome has no issues.
- I have noticed that once the flight plan is set and you are ready to take off the drone will fly to about 4-5 feet and the hover instead of flying to its beginning point. It seems to be some sort of glitch with the system. I have also noticed that this issues seems to arise when I am having GPS problems so that might be the cause of it. Once I take manual control of the drone and land it seems to resolve the issues once I take off again. This has only happened to me once so far.
All in all I have had a really positive experience with Sentera and their software/sensors and look forward to using it more.