AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4020 Injection Pump Removal
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

thelastcowboy
Posted 6/28/2022 16:04 (#9725288)
Subject: 4020 Injection Pump Removal

A year ago I had the Roosa Master injection pump rebuilt on my 66 4020. No issues getting it off lining up the TDC mark on the flywheel and then getting the hash marks to line up on the pump. I remember putting it back on was a touch trickier with a bit of "shimmying" of the pump on its seat but I got it on. Tractor ran fine but leaked out of the banjo bolts and I walked away to do other things and shelved that project as I didn't have much of a use for the tractor.

Now yesterday I went to finally dig into the leaky bolts and what do you know, I broke a banjo bolt off. Tried drilling it out and using an extractor in place and it doesn't want to move.

So now I go to remove the pump so I can get it in a shop vice - no matter what I do, I cannot get the hash marks to meet each other on the pump. I'm turning the flywheel by hand counter clockwise as if I was sitting in the operator's station. I can get the flywheel to TDC and over and over again but the pump marks never get any closer than a quarter inch apart.

Any ideas or advice here? This is getting frustrating.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)