AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Morell Equipment Bad Axe Michigan WARNING!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Walton Farms
Posted 6/28/2022 21:43 (#9725765 - in reply to #9725296)
Subject: RE: Morell Equipment Bad Axe Michigan WARNING!

SW Indiana
timis - 6/28/2022 17:08

Guys - u need to temper your responses a little bit - I read a couple things into this:

1. Op is young college kid trying to start farming on his own, so this IS A BIG DEAL in his situation, and may effect his dreams going forward — I get it, that’s life- but farmers always wonder why there’s no new farmers except the BTO’s kid, yet we blow up everybody who dares to dream and try. As a guy who started with nothing I know what it’s like to get kicked in the nuts at every turn. It easy to say “he should have…” when you’re in a different situation than he is. Not to mention, it’s not like a lot of kids his age have everything figured out either - if you’re gonna call him out, then the next college/high schooler driving a 70k pickup should probably get an earful too.

2. To original poster: there’s 2 ways to deal with this, learn or let it eat at you. I know what it’s like to start out, you are looking for any chance to get going - I’ve been screwed by family and my employer in the process - probably to the tune of about 100k in the last 10 years. (I’m talking either blatant thievery, or manipulation) You can either get bitter and turn into a person that screws others over, or learn to not put yourself into situations that allow others to take advantage of you. (And yes, dealerships, seed / chem dealers, repair shops do take advantage of some people) Rush Limbaugh always said “if you’re not careful you’ll become the people you hate” - make it a point to not do business like has been done to you. There’s a life lesson to learn that’s more important than money- remember that responsibility is simply the ability to respond correctly to a set of circumstances.

Thanks for typing this all out. It was hard to read some of these responses. I agree that after that much time I wouldn't expect any help. I've been burned by the pictures and phone calls, education ain't cheap. Riding for a day in the pickup is money well spent to go look at something in my experiences.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)