AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Morell Equipment Bad Axe Michigan WARNING!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

MillCreekFarm
Posted 6/28/2022 11:26 (#9725011 - in reply to #9724980)
Subject: RE: Morell Equipment Bad Axe Michigan WARNING!

I have only been farming a few years (took over operation after my dad retired in 2019); but the few dealers in Wisconsin that I have bought from or talked to about buying equipment have given me a similar experience (but not nearly as bad). I bought two used planters from a multi-location Wisconsin John Deere dealer and was not happy with either experience. I understand that both planters are used and will require some maintenance and investment to get them to my expectations, but I think there should be some attempt to make them field ready. One planter the guy marked up $500 above listing price to get it ready for soybean planting... which I thought meant new seed discs and the labor to convert. What I got was used seed discs, half of which had chew marks from mice.
A second multi-location Wisconsin dealership I stopped to look at a pull-type sprayer. The sales person had no idea how a sprayer even functioned, and when I asked if they would make sure it worked before I drove it 2 hours home, they said "no, it's sold as is". That's fine if your buying at an auction, or even from a dealership that is selling at wholesale price, but this thing was listed at used retail (in my opinion).

I've come to the conclusion that I am better off buying used equipment from an auction or private party.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)