AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Morell Equipment Bad Axe Michigan WARNING!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jjohn44
Posted 6/28/2022 10:52 (#9724980)
Subject: Morell Equipment Bad Axe Michigan WARNING!

Bought a John Deere 4430 tractor from Kevin Morell. Tractor was represented as being freshly overhauled completely and field ready. From the pictures it looked great and Kevin even had said it was one of his best on the lot. So we felt good about the purchase. However upon arrival of this tractor it has given us nothing but money in repairs. Having missing bolts and lights not working is one thing that is easily fixable. But having a tractor not even see the field use 1 gallon of oil in an hour is a little problem. The tractor was missing bolts in the fly wheel from the over haul (2 BOLTS MISSING)! So as you could guess the tractor had to be spilt at the dealership. I don’t really want to touch on the hydraulic issues but I’ll just leave it at that much had to be rebuilt (was all worn out). I could talk about the other issues that added into repair costs, but I cannot emphasize how incorrectly the tractor was advertised.

So having this all happen I called Kevin to let him know about the flywheel and in my opinion how could you sell something that used this much oil. I was hoping their would be some compensation given we had spent this much to buy something that had all these issues. Plus given how he represented it on the website. Kevin Morell was rude. He compared this to a starter on a tractor since we bought the tractor 1.5 years ago and put 4 hours on it and that he would not ask for a new starter. I don’t get how this is related to a starter, bolts were missing and it left his lot using that much oil. I have pictures on my phone of the missing bolts if you would like proof as well.

Lastly I asked Kevin what process he goes thru when getting equipment ready to be sold. “His response to me was that he does not have enough time to look at everything”. This is a shop with a lack of attention to detail. I will not be doing a business here ever again and would like to warn others that may go here in the future. My goal was to not get compensation back for this flaw from the dealership but just to make others aware if you do business there in future to go in person. This was the first and last time I took someone’s word for what shape it was in.

Edited by jjohn44 6/28/2022 16:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)