AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Prayers for Nurse Dave
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 6/27/2022 09:23 (#9723393)
Subject: Prayers for Nurse Dave

Dave is sure going to needs some prayers and good thoughts. He has to play nurse to me once again. Over three months ago while still in AZ, our grandson wanted me to ride his new electric bike. I thought, no, I better not. But when your grandson asks, you just have to try. All I did was sit on it and it just seemed akward. I decided to get off and he was standing on the side I normally get off of a bike. So went to my right and my hand must have hit the throttle just a little and I lost my balance and fell off. First thing I did was look around to see if anyone saw me. Nope, just Eli and Dave. So I sat there a minute and thought, well, nothing hurts and went to try and get up and my right arm wouldn't move an inch. Oh horse apples. So Dave and Eli helped me up. Didn't go to the doctor, but I did contact mine back home. Also a friend of ours at the park is was an EMT and he checked out my shoulder and thought nothing was broken, but said he had no clue if I tore anything. Day by day I got a little more movement, but not much.

Kept in contact with my doc and she set me up with therapy for when we got home. Didn't take the therapist long to tell me I had to see ortho. Takes a long time to get MRI scheduled and Ortho, but finally got that done and I did get a complete tear of the rotator cuff and my shoulder is full of arthritis. So I am scheduled for a reverse shoulder replacement tomorrow afternoon. This will be joint number 4 for me.

I have meals prepped and vacuumed sealed and the house is ready. I didn't plant flowers unless they are able to be automatically watered. I did do my raised garden, which he might have to tend the first few days. But I should be able to go out there soon and pick one handed. I'll be in a sling for up to 6 weeks.

My big worry is my hair. Had him try once so far and it just didn't work. Luckily my hair is curly when wet and I will just have to go with that.

Anyone go through a reverse shoulder replacement?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)