AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hills effect on tractor capacity
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Dirt_Floor_Poor
Posted 6/27/2022 08:03 (#9723270 - in reply to #9723059)
Subject: RE: Hills effect on tractor capacity

Red Marker - 6/27/2022 05:41

Dirt_Floor_Poor - 6/26/2022 12:19

I would describe our area as rolling hills. Some of the tractor grain cart combinations around here are dangerous, but I don’t think that’s unique to our area judging by the posts I see on here. I haven’t seen a pull type sprayer in years. If you have to have a “creative” draw bar support to hold the grain cart up that tractor has no business being in front of that cart going down hill.

I guess that statement I don't quite understand. For instance Magnum, with a stock 1.5in drawbar needing a chain on the 3pt is too small for a grain cart, but if all I do is change the drawbar to the 2in MX drawbar (that's what I have now, it's stout) without changing a thing otherwise but now not needing a chain it is fine to put on a grain cart?

Only asking for discussion sake. I have enough weight on it it would be fine in front of most anything we pull in this area on most any ground that gets farmed and it gets steep. Except too large of a manure tanker.

What I meant was tractors that don’t have a large enough draw bar to hold up the cart generally aren’t large enough tractors to maintain control of the cart when it’s loaded in our area.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)