AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

50'th Class reunion. Convince me to go
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mrs B
Posted 6/27/2022 10:11 (#9723454 - in reply to #9722713)
Subject: Edited...RE: 50'th Class reunion. Convince me to go

Highland Center, in Southeast Iowa

Angus8335 - 6/26/2022 20:43 Got letter for 50 yr class reunion RSV $60 per person. Pulled pork buffet style with cash bar. Just for reference I took my Wife in to Fried Green Tomato's a much classer place. Had a beef martini appetizer, 4 drinks, ribeye steak and it was about $90.00 with the tip. Now I don't need a "go fund me" $120 is not going to be a big hardship for me I just think it's over priced. Secondly The 4 I usually hung around with, one can't make it and three are no longer on the top side of the grass. My wife would go but she is not too excited about it. What would you do? ...Dennis

If the people aren't worth your time to reconnect with, then stay home. 

Edit:  I'm sorry. That came across much more blunt and rude than I intended. I've been in the big middle of planning enough class and other types of reunions and faced the attitude you expressed more than I cared to. People want to be begged. And that gets old fast. The committee or planning group jumps thru their butts for months trying to create a fun and enjoyable evening or weekend and hope and pray that the invitees show up and do enjoy themselves. And all that many can think about is the monetary cost to them. Most folks, by the time of their 50th class reunion, can afford once in a while a more expensive evening than their usual. The charge for these event covers much more than the meal. There is all the supplies to put out the invitations, postage, rental of the facility, decor, etc etc. Personally, I couldn't care less whether you go or not. But the people doing the work hope that you do, and that you have a good time. 

Edited by Mrs B 6/27/2022 11:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)