AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

50'th Class reunion. Convince me to go
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jbatmick
Posted 6/27/2022 06:45 (#9723148 - in reply to #9722713)
Subject: RE: 50'th Class reunion. Convince me to go

Hastings, Florida

Several years ago I had an idea for a 'SCHOOL' reunion. We are a small town , school was closed 52 years ago and consolidated ( huge mistake ) . Each graduating class was only around 20 students, so not many total graduates. 
Went to work on it, covid started, but people were really excited to hear about it.Delayed until this year, finally had it 3 months ago.Lots of effort, but well worth it.
Folks came from all over , some thousands of miles to it, was a wonderful get together. People sincerely enjoyed seeing old friends .
We charged 35 bucks a person, nobody complained. Had to buy event insurance, pay caterer, band, decorations, rent a nice portable rest room facility, pay rent on building, signs, photographer, ---- it cost a lot.
Only downside was a well liked 94 year old man was dancing with his 84 year old girl friend ( they were good dancers ) , sat down in his chair and died of heart attack. He was having a good time showing off his skills, his family said he died happy. 
I am still getting thanks for my efforts, well worth the personal expense and work.

Go, you will enjoy it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)