AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Going from 9570 STS to S780
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Johndeere7920
Posted 6/28/2022 12:30 (#9725072 - in reply to #9724673)
Subject: RE: Going from 9570 STS to S780

Central Indiana
Splitflex612C - 6/28/2022 07:56

Side note my great great grandpa is buried in a little country cemetery around New Market Indiana. Our Missouri River bluff terraced farms can make 220 to 250 but the farther you get away from the river the more Clay you run into and it’s more like 200. We don’t get too far away from the river because it gets a lot worse than that. We start at about 20% moisture. I’m afraid that it you tighten the concave up too much that you’ll get too many cobs in the grain.

New market is about an hour or so southwest of us. We’re in Tipton County so mostly flat so terrace farming is another world to me. Sounds like your yields are pretty close to ours then. Usually I try to run rotor speed as low as possible to avoid grinding the corn but if I’m not able to get it off I may have to try speeding it up a little more than I’m used to if I’m not able to close it down. Grandpa always said you want a little cob in the tank but I like to see if I can keep it clean since we store all of it. A lot of our corn is in the 112+ day maturity so the grain is pretty hard. Some of it goes to food grade corn as well so I might be able to get away with speeding the rotor up to and send it around another time before it gets out the back. It’ll be a learning curve that’s for sure. All of this capacity is going to be new to me
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)