AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Whitetail gun ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Dan Loehr
Posted 6/26/2022 14:25 (#9722148 - in reply to #9722133)
Subject: RE: Whitetail gun ?

Holland, Indiana (SW IN)
Leland - 6/26/2022 14:16

Yes, to your question they are trying to limit the effective range of the firearm by making it a slug or straight case.

I used a 243 growing up it looks is adequate for deer in Nebraska on the other hand 22lr put in the right spot will kill a deer immediately. Poachers caliber of choice is a 22. Just to be clear to the guy that said shoot them with a 22 and they won’t come back. They are probably dying a slow horrible death have the decency to kill it out right rather than make it suffer. I’m sure some might live through after the lead poisoning and infection and the initial pain of just being shot. I understand killing for field damage just not torturing it.

As for the 5.56 being in the military just looking for balance between power and carrying weight. Lot easier to care 300 rounds of 5.56 than 30-06.

Hey Leland just FWIW the government Needs to consider Farmers needs not just hunters ---I would gladly NEVER shoot another deer IF the numbers were taken care of
I hate to see any animal suffer ---BUT the DNR doesn't care one bit about crop damages -- or farmers IMO
Shoot with a big bore rifle drop by the road not good ----you go to jail

JUST the way it is and HASN'T changed in SW Indiana for 50 years --keep the numbers down all on the farmer

Dan

Had to add --An old farmer told me well over 50 years ago --nice to see a deer or two --but 25 at a time he gut shot them-carried a 22 bolt action on his 8N Ford-got to do what you are forced to do

Edited by Dan Loehr 6/26/2022 14:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)