AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Starting trucking company questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

IADAVE
Posted 6/25/2022 22:47 (#9721329 - in reply to #9721314)
Subject: RE: Starting trucking company questions

Start in a year or so. Trucks will be cheaper and drivers more available. If you are gong to do it just do it yourself. If you have the company and he dispatches and has a couple trucks leased on how much do you want to bet those trucks get the best loads and good drivers?
For sure do not go in on shares in any way shape or form.
If he is dispatching your trucks he will put in his time and go home. If the dispatcher is the owner the business will grow. Trust me I have experience with this.
Trucking is way more profitable than farming per dollar invested if done right. Farming is a whole lot less work and hassle than trucking for dollar earned.
Trying to run a trucking business part time with some one else part time will not work well. I have found that one set of customers get along with one guy but not another. When we had 3 dispatchers we had to make sure the right dispatcher talked to the right person on the other end to get the best result.
If you are set to go on shares with him dispatching be prepared to lose all your contacts. Paying him a % to dispatch might not be a bad idea if he is going to dispatch for sure.
We had some gals that would let the trucks sit as the paper work was less.

Edited by IADAVE 6/25/2022 22:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)