AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

hydraulic planter drive problem riddle
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

WTW
Posted 6/25/2022 21:08 (#9721179)
Subject: hydraulic planter drive problem riddle

Winkler, Manitoba Canada
We run a 12 row planter that is run by a hydraulic drive. Planter has 4 sections of three rows, each with its own motor plus an additional idler motor where the speed encoder is run from. Each motor has two cartridge valves plumbed to it to implement section control, one to provide a bypass for the oil and one to provide positive shutoff. A Brand pwm valve provides flow control. The motors all run in series and are plumbed with 1/2" hydraulic hose. Precision 20/20 is the controller. This is not a new unit...has been used for multiple years.

Planter worked fine in corn with no issues. However in edible beans I started to run into problems that the hydraulic pressure which normally would be running about 800 psi while operating (as measured by the pressure sensor on the 20/20) would spike up to high pressure standby pressure around 2700 psi and kick out the remote. First solution was to turn up the detent pressure so it would not kick out when the pressure spike occurred. I noticed when the pressure started climbing the meters would actually run slower. I got through the season by driving a little slower than I wanted to which seemed to alleviate the problem.

So what is your analysis of this situation? I will add another post later with the actual answer, which was not what I thought it would be.

Edited by WTW 6/25/2022 21:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)