AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Platform for a Gleaner Combine
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tthomas190
Posted 6/25/2022 19:58 (#9721087)
Subject: Platform for a Gleaner Combine

SW WI
To all of the professionals on NAT, I am looking for your input. I bought an early serial number R50 on an auction last fall. It sold with an N series A/C corn head (black frame). I didn't have any beans last year so it wasn't a big deal, but now its 2022 and I have soybeans in the ground and am in the market for a platform head. 300 Series heads would go right on it but since its an early serial number, I don't have reel drive on the combine.

#1 I am not opposed to the idea of robbing the parts of of a junk yard machine to make mine reel drive ready. However I can't seem to find anyone to tell if its possible without spending a bunch of money.

#2 I thought finding the right 300 series was probably easiest but may not be cheapest if I have to buy an external reel drive and fix up the head. I am still open to this but am on the fence about #3

#3 Would it make sense to find a green or red head and adapt it to my R50? How big of a job is it going to be to get everything together if I go this route? Is the drive still going to be a problem?

I don't have many acres and like to be a mechanic but more so repairing equipment to the way it was designed to be operated. I'm not against the ideas of converting or adapting but not if its going to cost a bunch and will leave me on my own. Thank you to all of you that will take the time to provide your input!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)