AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hiniker 1000 to 6000 sweep update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

F150Mustang
Posted 6/26/2022 16:40 (#9722328 - in reply to #9721006)
Subject: RE: Hiniker 1000 to 6000 sweep update

Southern Mn
Ron..NE ILL..10/48 - 6/25/2022 18:57

We just installed them on our 1000 Hinikers also. 2x 12r cultivators.

Did not have a problem on hole alignment. But, as you said,  the nose piece did have too much weld on the back side that required grinding to make them fit up snug on the existing row unit foot. We did NOT grind on the cultivator, but on the adapter. Then it fit flush with no problem.

I didn't have a problem loosening the carriage bolts, but I did cuss whoever put the plow bolts in and tightened the lock nuts. Those were hard to get off since there was no square shoulder to hold the plow bolt from turning. Twisting the impact wrench off to the side slightly did put enough force on the bolts to keep them from spinning. It appears we mounted ours differently. We mounted the adapter plate to the cultivator first, then bolted the shares on. There were no alignment problems. Were  your holes for the shares slotted in the adapter? Ours are. Probably takes 5 minutes to complete a row, assuming you use an impact of some type.

We've been over quite a few acres with them already. The gap between the share & the nose piece is no problem. Seems like a guy should have a couple extra of the nose pieces.

Very happy. I wish they would've made them years ago. 

Glad someone had some problems also. Only had to grind a little on eack row other wise with he curve on the grinder wheel, i would have had to under cut it some what and dint want to do that. I was hoping to mount some shares up and take them to the field and swap them. After screwing around trying to get the share bolted on, i quit and put them on when i finished a field. Yes, my holes were slotted, just on the bottom edge where it was bent, the holes got tight.
I had sent my Mom to the dealer to pick them up for me, about a hour drive. Told her to get 5 points not knowing the points came with the adapter. So, ive got 4 adapter plates now and 5 spare points, oh well, should be good for quite a few years.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)