AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Furrow Irrigation Question - Poly Pipe
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

cornfarmer77
Posted 6/25/2022 16:41 (#9720857 - in reply to #9720781)
Subject: RE: Furrow Irrigation Question - Poly Pipe

Yes, we're using Pipe Planner now. Used to get the plans from the NRCS office, where they used PHAUCET. By the way, it drives me nuts the way Pipe Planner has to have a "point" in the pipeline for every elevation. I wish they had a way to just enter "station" (feet along the pipe) and rod readings, since that's what we get from our laser level and rod eye. I've resorted to counting the crop rows on the Google map in Pipe Planner and placing a point every 50 feet to go with my rod readings.

I can get Pipe Planner to tell me where to put buildups, but it always wants to make them however tall I tell it is the maximum head. We use a 55 gal barrel stood on end at the end of the pipe to show us how much head we have and act as a safety valve. If I tell it the max head is 3 feet, it wants to put a 3-foot buildup every 3 feet worth of fall. I'd like to be able to tell it I want 3 foot max, 1 foot min, and that I want to use 1-ft tall buildups/props. But what I've been doing is telling it I need like 0.7 to 1.3 ft head, and tricking it into using smaller buildups.

So you've got the barrels sawn in two along the long axis? (leaving you a half-moon shape where you put the sawn, open edge on the dirt?)

Edited by cornfarmer77 6/25/2022 16:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)