AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I want to know..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

HuskerJ
Posted 6/25/2022 09:52 (#9720358)
Subject: I want to know..

East of Broken Bow
I want to know who, back in the day, decided it was a good idea to put a black vinyl seat on an open station tractor!! Working in the hay fields in 100* weather, on the longest days of the year, with the most direct sunlight, has me wondering just what were they thinking? I have a sunshade, which helps, but there still are times when the sun beats down on the seat or at least part of it, and burns my rear (literally and figuratively).

Also, while I'm ranting about seats, why does it seem that on older tractors (like in the 80s and 90s) they had the armrests positioned for midgets? Even my 12 year old daughter 'leans' just a little, when using the armrest. Were the cab/seat engineers only 4 feet tall? Did they have severely bent spines, that required super low armrests?
Really, I would like to know. It would seem that it would take someone with average common sense to realize black vinyl gets hot in the summer, and also would realize within 30 seconds of sitting in the seat, the armrests were too low.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)