AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

U-bolts for Hiniker 1000 cultivator
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 6/25/2022 06:10 (#9720051)
Subject: U-bolts for Hiniker 1000 cultivator

Chebanse, IL.....

In case you have a Hiniker 1000 folding cultivator (12x30), you might check the u-bolts that attach the main 3pt lift brackets to the main 7x7 frame. We discovered that one side of one of our cultivators had 2 broken u-bolts. The bolt had sheared off where the nut/lock washers would reside. If you look at the photo, notice the zinc coated (original) u-bolt has one leg now shorter due to breakage. This had allowed the bolt to pull out of the 3pt bracket and bend it downwards. The 3pt arm nor the 7x7 bar were damaged in any way. Could have been disastrous if the other leg had broken also.

The u-bolt is a 7/8" diameter to fit over a 7x7 bar. The long leg is 10". Called Fastenal. Nothing in stock. Only 1x 7/8" x 10" bolt in the store if I wanted to make shackle type substitute. Shoup Parts has nothing that big. Their store is only a few miles from us. Our friendly Hiniker dealer checked on parts. We found correct part number. They didn't have it in the store, but called Hiniker to check availability. Friendly Hiniker dealer parts guy called me back & said Hiniker had the 7/8" nuts & locks....but u-bolts wouldn't be available until AUGUST 18!!! Might be a little late for cultivating beans.

Local truck spring shop could not make them that big, but sent us to another nearby business that usually does wholesale only type work. They made us u-bolts for truck spring type application. They worked perfectly. Plus, their u-bolts use the longer nut giving more thread holding surface...NFT. Not sure why so many threads on the long leg, but they work

No, we don't have the problems of our friends in Ukraine, but this lack of parts thing is aggravating. 

*Edited to show the main bar is 7x7, not 5x7 as originally stated. I apologize, my mistake in printing.

(IMG_6091 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_6091 (full).jpg (137KB - 127 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)