AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

section control and auto steer on miller sprayer.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/25/2022 06:36 (#9720073 - in reply to #9719984)
Subject: RE: section control and auto steer on miller sprayer.

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
MJE - 6/25/2022 01:20

Love the idea but was told AL does make the proper cables to be able to use factory controls.....would have to use a AL switch box insted.

Not positive on that although that may be correct. With my Hagie the boom section controls were rewired to become inputs to the Ag Leader Auxiliary Input module. With my Deere 4720, I was able to use the original Deere switches but they were rewired. If the Miller uses joystick section switches there may be a problem using them.

However, even if it is necessary to use the Ag Leader SC110 switch box (contains the Auxiliary Input Module and switches) instead of the joystick boom buttons, this might not be so bad since the operator rarely uses the switch box anyway. Typically the operator would leave all section switches in the ON position and let auto swath handle point rows/partial passes etc.

It would be handy to have an Ag Leader Master switch to guarantee that the system is OFF for certain situations. One could use the Master switch on the SC 110 switch box or if that is not handy, an Remote Master switch such as a floor mounted dimmer switch or another switch can be used instead.

I have experience with that and can help you if you decide to go that route.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)