AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Am I wasting money putting Glyphosate in?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Massey1155
Posted 6/24/2022 18:19 (#9719562 - in reply to #9719405)
Subject: RE: Am I wasting money putting Glyphosate in?

NW Iowa
Sorry bud

Follow the label

All dicamba pesticide applicators in Minnesota must follow product label use instructions, including the timing restrictions explained below. Dicamba products cannot be applied to dicamba-tolerant soybeans if any of the following conditions has occurred. Whichever cutoff time occurs first will determine whether a person can apply a given product to DT soybeans until June 20:

45 days after planting. The federal labels for XtendiMax, Engenia, FeXapan, and Tavium prohibit application more than 45 days after planting.

Once the R1 growth stage begins (beginning bloom). The federal labels for XtendiMax, Engenia and FeXapan prohibit this. The R1 stage is when at least one flower appears on the plant on any node on the main stem.

After the V4 growth stage. The federal label for Tavium prohibits application after the V4 growth stage.

After June 20. The Minnesota Special Local Need label, which must be in possession of the applicator at the time of application, prohibits this for all four dicamba products

Edit
I stand corrected if you are N of I 94. Unless temp is higher than 85
https://www.mda.state.mn.us/epa-approves-2022-minnesota-specific-res...

DATE CUTOFF: No application shall be made south of Interstate 94 after June 12, 2022. North of Interstate 94, use is prohibited after June 30, 2022.
TEMPERATURE CUTOFF STATEWIDE: No application shall be made if the air temperature of the field at the time of application is over 85 degrees Fahrenheit or if the National Weather Service’s forecasted high temperature for the nearest available location for the day exceeds 85 degrees Fahrenheit. Forecasted temperature must be recorded at the start of the application.

Edited by Massey1155 6/24/2022 18:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)