AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Oil level in Honda motors.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

cyclones30
Posted 6/24/2022 12:08 (#9719119 - in reply to #9718888)
Subject: RE: Oil level in Honda motors.

Midwest

WTW - 6/24/2022 09:07
nebfarmer - 6/24/2022 07:30 All of around here have a dipstick on them. If you fill them to the full level on the dipstick anytime they're on a slope they will not run, much less when they're nearing the ad mark. Solution has been to disconnect all the oil level sensors. Some are saying to overfill them but I've always taught that was bad that it caused churning and foaming of the oil and led to premature failure. Love the safety feature of the low oil alert but hate to have engine stopping at the most inopportune moment. And I've never lost a Honda due to a low oil level yet. And that was probably a really stupid thing to say! Lol
Pretty hard to overfill them any amount if the engine is level. Oil just runs out. Correct full level is the oil fill hole level. See pdf.

Yep on all the ones I've ever seen for pumps, augers, tenders, etc when in a (small engine) setup it's full when you can't add any more on level ground. There might be just a screw on oil cap or it might have a dipstick but you might as well just look at the level to see if it's level w/ the edge of the hole. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)