AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Classified Ads. Are the people who respond getting crazier?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

johnny skeptical
Posted 6/24/2022 07:22 (#9718760 - in reply to #9718557)
Subject: RE: Classified Ads. Are the people who respond getting crazier?

n.c.iowa

I had a dozen unused hog oilers sitting in a pile that occasionally had to get moved around to make room for something else.  after having them for about ten years and having to move them for the fifth or sixth time, I got tired of tripping over them and had my wife list them on the Facebook marketplace last year.

now 4-5 years ago I listed them for sale on Craigslist and other than a couple of scammers, never got a call on them, so my hopes weren’t very high.  We listed them fairly cheap, for they weren’t anything special (antique or collector-wise).

we got some interest right away a couple different folks from about three hours away, the one guy seemed genuinely interested, but there was always something that “came-up” so he couldn’t make it to us.  I told my wife that after the third or fourth day it seemed like he was dragging us along as he tried to find a buyer for them.

So we reached out to the four or five most likely candidates that we had previously told that the oilers were already sold, that they were still for sale, of which one turned out to be a local guy who eventually was the individual that showed up with the cash first and was the less crazy buyer.

we let the others know who ever shows up with the cash first was gonna go home with the oilers, and initially they all agreed, but one gal wasn’t about to let things go so easily…

after a couple more days the local guy showed up(a story in itself) and after the obligatory try at negotiating the price down, we settled up.
my wife messaged all who were interested, thanked them for their interest, and pulled the add.  Well nothing can be so simple it seems.
A week or so later my wife listed another item for me, and the supposedly wronged loser in the hog oilers gig started her games….eventually after a month of just basically internet bullying I had to get the local sheriff involved who is a high school classmate and a friend of mine.

That ended it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)