AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deere 1770 Dropping Population
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

4WD
Posted 6/23/2022 13:05 (#9717858 - in reply to #9717629)
Subject: RE: Deere 1770 Dropping Population

Between Omaha and Des Moines, 7 miles South of I80

This year, I was dropping in population (intermittently), also; on a JD7200 ground driven 8 row rigid frame planter (wing fold).

It affected the WHOLE planter, I got out and starting feeling bearings "for heat" = first bearing, I grabbed, was very warm = to the right side(standing in front of planter) of one-way clutch, under main frame = the one that disconnects, when you raise the planter, with the lift module wheel frames.

When I went to disassemble, I saw I had a "misalignmnet problem", between the 7/8" hex shaft (from wheel modules) to the round shaft, that drives the one-way clutch assembly = that caused that flange bearing to go out; thus with that bearing failing and getting rough spots, inside of it, it would "lock-up", thus making one-way sprag clutch slip.
I only had 10 acres left, so I got some chain lube, and squirted it in that failing bearing, and did this ever 2 rounds, and Population went right back to normal, and stayed there. 

I had to get this repaired quickly, as a hail storm ruined my soybeans, and had to replant = replant went fine, for Population stability, after new bearings, realigned, and  new sprag one-way clutch, too.

Edit: unsure if a 1770, uses the same type of clutch mechanism, or not.

Edited by 4WD 6/23/2022 13:06
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)