AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My senator is spot on on cpdta
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

MeadowlandsBeef
Posted 6/23/2022 10:21 (#9717638 - in reply to #9717196)
Subject: RE: My senator is spot on on cpdta

Northern Minnesota

redrobin - 6/23/2022 05:54 What I fear are the unintended consequences,” he said. “The cattle industry has made tremendous strides in meeting consumer demand since the 1990s. Investments in genetics and breeding decisions and specialized marketing have brought real returns to ranch families that have chosen to take those steps. “These investments have kept families ranching while producing high quality beef demanded by consumers. “If the incentive for those investments is taken away and the focus becomes producing the most pounds for the lowest cost, I think the industry, our ranch families, and our rural communities all will suffer. “If we insert the federal government into day-to-day business decisions, repealing that heavy hand of the government is nearly impossible,” Boozman said.

How can anyone be opposed, in a supposedly free market system, to having an honest and accurate revealing of the price of a commodity?

And if you have a situation where 4 corrupt oligarchs prevent that revelation, how is it the "heavy hand of the government" to correct the situation?  That is why we have a government:  to protect citizens!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYfIXLkoB68
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)