AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Retirement
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dairyman78
Posted 6/24/2022 07:17 (#9718754 - in reply to #9716580)
Subject: RE: Retirement

S.C. Wisconsin
I started slowing down in my mid 50's as my son came home to run the dairy, but after some years we decided to liquidate the dairy and I sold the dairy building along with a chunk of land. Some ask me if I miss the dairy and I just say that every time I drive by the buildings it only reminds me of all of the problems I faced when I owned it. But I am convinced that goes along with age as at one time I enjoyed it and looked at it as a challenge. I just look at it as a new chapter in my life. But a word of warning is that I have seen some people retire and they had no outside interest and they vegetate and it messes with their mind and health. I have also seen some who started to abuse alcohol because of boredom which is very sad. My feeling is it's important to keep active doing something you enjoy and are productive doing something even if it's small. I seem to keep busy everyday as I have outside interest and do most of all of maintenance on our house and vehicles. Good luck at what you choose to do as you only go around once in life.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)