AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Retirement
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Pvafarm
Posted 6/23/2022 06:03 (#9717207 - in reply to #9716580)
Subject: RE: Retirement

Southeast WI
Life here has always been transitions. I've never understood how and why most draw an abrupt line and artificially say "I'm done, this is where X ends, etc". With farming we aren't done until the job is done for the season, whatever season we are in, so transitions are normal. I think this is why many farmers struggle with retirement and frankly why many die early since they tend to become lost souls in the other world. Obviously it's not all farmers as you can see here from many posts but on the other hand you aren't hearing anymore from the other subset.

If you enjoy what you do (which I personally do immensely) why not just scale back to a manageable level to meet your financial needs and goals and keep on keeping on? It's good to continue challenging your brain and staying active. We have always embraced and planned vacations and TAKEN vacations. I've also never understood neighbors that worship the almighty dollar and have point blank told me as their kids were growing up "there's no time for vacations, don't know how you do it, it's expensive". To that I say to each your own but it's a sad outlook on life.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)