AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Recommended 4x5 balers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

dvcochran
Posted 6/23/2022 18:39 (#9718187 - in reply to #9716573)
Subject: RE: Recommended 4x5 balers

Southeast
If you have both a Vermeer and JD dealer close to you, I would say it is a wash for the most part. I have owned/operated both and would say the Vermeer is a bit more straightforward and easier to maintain and will flat out eat hay. A lot of the parts can be sourced from just about anywhere (bearing, belts, teeth, etc...) but it would come down to what dealer is closer/better for me. I have had a Krone (which I personally hated), a JD 458, Vermeer Super I, M, and now N. I agree wrapping is usually faster but the dual twine arms on the Super I was as fast as any net wrap baler I have used, and that is with 3-4 inch twine spacing.
Since you say you are fine just string, I assume you may be looking for a little older baler. You have been able to keep a square baler going so I assume you are mechanically inclined. A round baler should be a walk in the part. I would make sure you get at least auto wrap but preferably a full monitor like the accu-bale or bale trak Pro. A slightly steeper learning curve but way better in the long run, especially if you get a 6' diameter baler and want to make smaller rolls.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)