AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Recommended 4x5 balers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Lb94
Posted 6/22/2022 17:05 (#9716573)
Subject: Recommended 4x5 balers

West Central Illinois
Custom baling has gotten pretty hard to come by in our neck of the woods and with diesel where it is even less people willing to drive the road a little ways to come get to your hay. I currently don't farm any rowcrop so don't own a tractor bigger than 90 hp so a bigger tractor doesn't make sense to get a 5x6 baler with our hills. Not baling much ground, maybe 30-40 acres in a typical year, maybe a few more. Also twine or netwrap isn't a big deal to me i just want simple to run and a halfway decent looking bale.

I have absolutely no experience running a roundbaler whatsoever always had the rounds custom baled then I'd use my square baler on 10 acres or so if not a few more some years. What would be some good models for my situation? I have been looking online but have found it difficult as a lot of machinery websites don't list the bale size. We have a JD, NH, Vermeer, Krone and Massey dealership around within 30 minutes would prefer something that could be serviced not terribly far away if need be.

Any help or recommendations would be appreciated
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)