AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Senate Ag Committee Passes Cattle Legislation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

t rock
Posted 6/22/2022 21:35 (#9716980 - in reply to #9716891)
Subject: RE: Senate Ag Committee Passes Cattle Legislation

Tablerock Ranch eastern Wa
What the Hell does imported cattle have to do with transparency in the US packing industry ? Forcing the limitation of controlled cattle by the packers is apples and Oranges. Don't know about you but I supported cool at its inception shortly after 9/11, Canadian finished Cattle run our Highways to pieces up here selling at preferred prices--- The big T buyer says ---Dave they have farther to truck then you ! The corruption runs deep and imported cattle kill us all. Asking the Pac to report and negotiate on a small percentage of our cattle can only help move us towards a sustainable playing field. I sell nothing at public auction anymore, I sell all my fats on the grid and sell all my culls on the rail as well. I for one am fed up pulling my boots on everyday to send my checkoff to an outfit that puts the packers interest ahead of mine. I would pay ten times the checkoff if it did something to level the playing field between my operation and the packing industry instead of advertising their product. The packing industry has way to much control of captive cattle in this country in the many arrangements they have designed to skirt the spirit of packers and stockyards as demonstrated by what happen up here in the PNW with Easterday.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)