AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Burn down for a jungle
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

WJKEIGER
Posted 6/22/2022 10:38 (#9716211 - in reply to #9715751)
Subject: RE: Burn down for a jungle

nw NC
I assume you intend to plant a crop. Soybeans? I do not grow beans so I can't help you there.
If you remember our telephone conversation from a few weeks ago, I believe we both agreed that volume of spray carrier (water/acre) is extremely important in getting thorough vegetation coverage to achieve a complete kill in big, thick vegetation. Lay the water volume to it while wet with dew if possible.
For what it is worth, below are pictures of a weedy field that I planted to corn for silage and sprayed (one operation) 6-18-22. Grasses were barnyard, broadleaf signalgrass, crabgrass, and goosegrass. Among broadleaves were redroot pigweed, lambsquarter, and some common mallow. I used 2qt/acre 41% gly, 2 qt/acre acetochlor, 1.5 qt/acre atrazine, 1 qt/acre 2-4-D, and surfactant in 40 gal/acre volume. Broad leaf weeds were twisted the next day. Today they are yellowing some as is the grasses. Two more days with hot temperatures here now will make a big difference. Last picture below is of a field planted and sprayed afternoon of 6-15-22. Same chem treatment, just smaller weed vegetation.
I am confident that the weedy field planted 6-18 will have a complete kill of said weeds. It always worked in years passed.

Edited by WJKEIGER 6/23/2022 08:36

(003 (full).JPG)

(004 (full).JPG)

(005 (full).JPG)

(006 (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 003 (full).JPG (260KB - 145 downloads)
Attachments 004 (full).JPG (280KB - 161 downloads)
Attachments 005 (full).JPG (290KB - 184 downloads)
Attachments 006 (full).JPG (235KB - 152 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)