AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is this real
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

junk fun
Posted 6/22/2022 15:20 (#9716480 - in reply to #9716111)
Subject: RE: Is this real

Wisconsin
I believe the video. It's been pretty well ground in the video, and he didn't miss the part where the plastic was separated, he just didn't explain every step and the video was too shaky and chaotic to put it together easily if you didn't know what was what. The process obviously didn't remove all the plastic. The video showed the process for feeding garbage, but this wasn't garbage, it was food byproduct, not even sure it was included in the guidelines for garbage, which is fed to some commercial hogs as suggested by the guidelines.

On the other hand, you and I are eating the stuff that is in that plastic (food contact grade PE?), but some of you are worried about eating a hog that ate some of it? I doubt you could scientifically find the difference the pork would have compared to the part that the humans eat straight out of the plastic.

The process shown is attempting to open the packages and remove the plastic, any cardboard that gets into the feed is hurting the feed value, a little plastic is probably inert, obviously displaces digestive system, but doesn't lower the nutrient density like roughage would. Human feeds, even stuff we consider high protein, is really just high fat when fed to livestock, the protein quality is better than needed for ruminants so that helps for hogs and chickens, but it's not high protein, just higher fat.

Edited by junk fun 6/22/2022 15:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)