AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tom Oswald's obituary
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Bruce NW Ia
Posted 6/21/2022 19:11 (#9715429 - in reply to #9714559)
Subject: RE: Tom Oswald's obituary

Cherokee County, Northwest Iowa
Cause of death was sudden cardiac arrest. Tom was by himself at the farmstead. No history of heart trouble at all. He just dropped.

There are friends, and then there are "True Friends". Luckily, a couple of "True Friends" have stepped up to the plate without even being asked, and have taken care of all the farming decisions which need to be made now, i.e. soybean post-emerge spraying and corn delivery. My wife (Tom's sister) and I have left standing orders with Tom's wife: we are just a text or phone call away. My wife was asked to go thru a couple of piles of paper work yesterday to get things squared away, and I gladly drove to Sioux City this morning to try and track something down, and I still feel like I have done only 1% as much as these other people.

I have also been informed that when things calm down next week, I am to a) try and find the, for the lack of a better term, "death book" which i created for my wife several years ago, which is to be pulled out and referred to should something happen to me. Alot of good it does, hell, I can't even find it right now, and b) revise and bring up to date the book, and c) tell the wife where the heck the book will be stored if and when she ever does need to pull it out in an emergency.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)