AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is a new technology in ag that you are looking forward to in the future?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

banders
Posted 6/19/2022 13:02 (#9712245 - in reply to #9712086)
Subject: RE: What is a new technology in ag that you are looking forward to in the future?

This technology has been around 10-14 years. The Big question is how many weeds per acre cause a yield decrease or a weed problem next year. I heard they were testing it in farmer fields in Iowa about 3 years ago. Simple math to save 80% on spray, 80% of the field has to have no weeds. The boom section controlled is about 4 feet. An example is that say the distance on and off is 10 feet. You have to have a 40 foot square area with no weeds to keep the boom section off. I do not think one weed every 40 square feet will be a weed issue but maybe next year for weed control? Also the video seemed to have some really small weeds that would not effect the corn as tall as the corn was.

Show me some aerial pictures of strips sprayed and not sprayed that you would used the sprayer on during spraying, after spraying, and before harvest. And yield maps. A big company like JD should have done this. When ever pushing technology, I like to say' Show me the data". Blue River designed this system years ago to help end hand weeding in California human food crops. I have heard that is also being used in Florida crops. They tried in on cotton be have not heard much about their success.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)