AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone use a JD 56 cell plate, Black eye Pea, for soybean seed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

4WD
Posted 6/19/2022 08:14 (#9711903)
Subject: Anyone use a JD 56 cell plate, Black eye Pea, for soybean seed

Between Omaha and Des Moines, 7 miles South of I80

I'm looking at the specs, for a 56 cell (A51696) John Deere seed plate, that I feel might work good, in my JD 7200 planter 19" row soybean units. {8/15 row)

This 56 cell (I assume, it is a 2 row plate design), uses a 4.0 mm hole; where as the original JD 108 cell (A42586) soybean disc uses a 4.8mm hole. (3 row plate)

I tried Corn 30 cell, E-sets, this Spring at very slow speeds (3.4 MPH) and they pull harder and I sheared 1/4" bolt, down by the one-way clutch, a couple of times. I was using E-flow also, for a seed lubricate. [note ;this 7200 planter was design for 8 rows, not 15, like I have modified it]

Planting at 129,000 Population

A couple weeks ago, a NAT member, mentioned they quit using E-sets, on soybeans, due to seeing a lot of crushed and busted up soybean seed, in bottom of E-set meters = I saw that same issue, cleaning mine meters, last night. = I wouldn't go the "E-set route", and/or spend money on E-set 60 or 90 cell plates, either.

June 7th hail storm, ruined my soybeans and my Population test, with E-sets; so I had to replant {adjuster says once they get above 96-97% failure; they just call it 100% failure} This was a separate Hail policy, not the MP policy.

Anyway, my old 108 cell soybean disc are getting well worn and have grooves in them, so it is time to buy some NEW disc. For my planter (15 row at 19" spacing) I'm thinking about buying these 56 cell disc plates. I'll probably order just one, from JD dealer and take a look at it, on Monday.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)