AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

#2 Corn and Live Cattle
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

centralmnangus
Posted 6/19/2022 19:38 (#9712683 - in reply to #9712325)
Subject: RE: #2 Corn and Live Cattle

Ft. Ripley MN
We all need to understand that we do things differently on every single one of our operations, there is no one size fits all. A lot of people don’t understand the vast difference in eco systems from east to west coast!!

I got into an argument with a fella on tik tok. Basically I was in the wrong because we feed our cattle on average 200 days of the year. He was able to run on a system where his cows grazed there own feed everyday and I said that’s wonderful but there are a majority of the cattlemen where that’s physically not possible. So turns out he was an expert and I shouldn’t be running cow/calf’s just running some stockers for the summer months. The point of we all have very different ecosystems never got to him, the point of how many cattleman have been feeding there cattle throughout the winter alone in the US not to mention our friends to the north. I gave up it wasn’t worth it, so what works for you and try to learn something new along the way!!

There are more people then us that want to see us wiped off the map but instead of coming together we are pretty good at tearing each other apart… never understand that. I would rather make a friend and help a neighbor
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)