AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Merschman seed experience - soybeans and wheat?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Skyhighballoon(MO)
Posted 6/17/2022 08:51 (#9709454 - in reply to #9708664)
Subject: RE: Merschman seed experience - soybeans and wheat?

Pilot Grove, Missouri
I plant both their beans and wheat. I've had pretty good luck with their soybeans. This year I planted 4.0's and 4.3's in two of my 3 creek bottom fields. Of course I got that 6" flash flood rain on the 31st of May the day after planting and the creek got a portion of both fields. Could only get 4.3 untreated for replant so that's what I went back in with Wednesday. We'll see how this year turns out. I don't have the best soils compared to most around here but my 3.7's last year did about 45-47bu here (a bit of east of you) which matched what I heard most everyone else getting. I've set my farm record yields for early (66 bu) and double crop (43bu) with Merschman beans in the last 5 years.

I also have very good luck with their wheat. Also have set my farm records (85bu and 72bu) in the two upland/hilltop fields that I plant wheat in. My dad was lucky to get 50bu when I was young and I never got over 60 bu till went to their wheat. I like to use their ultra-early variety (Katie 15 is this year's) to hopefully get double crop beans planted earlier. I'll find out how this year did in about a week.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)