AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How far into evening can I spray roundup?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

boa628
Posted 6/18/2022 07:05 (#9710637 - in reply to #9708452)
Subject: RE: How far into evening can I spray roundup?

SWOH
farmernelson88 - 6/16/2022 15:11

Spraying generic roundup, generic bicep, and generic Callisto. Have been told to stop at 7 pm for the roundup. First day in a week that I can actually spray with a wind less than 10 mph and it'll be darn hard to shut the tractor off at 7. What is the real world's opinion?

This is just from my experience so take it with a grain of salt…it depends on what generic gly it is. I have sprayed Powermax all night and didn’t see it affect performance at all. I have sprayed a few generic glys at 9 pm in June and performance looked like it got rained on. I have sprayed a few generic glys late in the evening in June and it worked perfectly. 7 seems kind of early to me this time of year but I don’t go as late with generic glys as I do with Powermax. I’ve sprayed Powermax in a light drizzle and still got good control.

I most always now use a quart of Powermax if I use gly. This year I found a tote of generic 41% gly pretty cheap during the ‘glyphosate availability crisis’ and used the generic during the day and Powermax in the evenings. That was just based on my experience. I have no hard scientific evidence to back up my thought on that, just what I’ve seen. It seemed to work out ok that way for me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)