AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rental ground mow vs baling
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jcs
Posted 6/16/2022 08:00 (#9707903)
Subject: Rental ground mow vs baling

Oklahoma
Friend asked me to take over a cash lease last fall. Primary crop is pecans that make a crop every 2-3 years. Land has a couple small grass (poor native) patches that can be baled. Land is broke up in 3 tracts and since agreeing to take on the land, 2 tracts have changed hands. Past management has been keep it all mowed, mow the first cutting for OM, if you can get it baled after that, do it. I don't own my own hay equipment, I have it custom done. Hay guy won't bale between the trees but willing to bale the open areas and big tree alleys if they have enough to make it worth while. My thought was to plant clover under the trees and haygrazer in open areas (what I do on my place). New owners want the trees managed, kept up, pick up sticks, etc and keep it mowed. But have mentioned if I bale it or plant anything then bale it, they want paid either per bale or a share of the hay..

Am I out of line thinking that if I am paying rent, seed, fertilizer (primarily for trees), and the baling, then I shouldn't pay per bale or crop share the hay? I want to be fair with them but seems I am taking all the risk in this deal. If it was grassed waterways, would they hay be crop shared or paid for separate from the crop rent?

Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)