AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader aplication rate module
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

SPOLJC
Posted 6/16/2022 01:37 (#9707598 - in reply to #9707179)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader aplication rate module

vaderstad controll station is supported controller, I choose them in Ag Leader Insight when I go to Planting/controllers, and add them when I make a planting configuration...
when I do that, and run that planting configuration, run screen changes to application rate screen, and when I go to can diagnostic I can find there it recignized connected module, and I am shure it is working....

I found somewhere cabeling to vaderstad controll station, and I have exsactly those cabels I need... on module side there is an original serial cable I got with module, on the vaderstad side, there is an original vaderstad cable from a vaderstad 4 pin plug, to a serial... It is called vaderstad data cable and I bought them when I upgraded firmware version of controll station to a newer...
They say I should use exsactly that part number cables to make connection between controll station and ap rate module... and between those two cables are null modem cable because both are male...

on vaderstad controll station I plug cable in GPS plug, on its back, and there are not many settings I can do... when I go to settings menu, I can choose GPS yes/no, and I read somewhere I should choose NO, and there is nothing more to be set...

as you say, when I make this serial connection it should be working, and controller should say to Insight when is planting and when is not... but is not working, nothing is going on when I connect ewerything, and try to start drill, on insight is everything gray, and it should be green...

like you said, maybe is the problem in this vaderstad cable I use, on serial connector there are some pins tide up together, maybe I should make a new cable using only TX, RX and GND, but it is confusing to me in that manual I read it writes exsactly that P/N cable I have already had...

On first I thought it might be a problem that baud rates does not match, but there is nowhere to set baud rate, nor on the module, or the controller... so they should recognize themselves when I make the connection and choose the controller on the Insight screen???
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)