AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A reminder when loading cattle...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 6/16/2022 10:04 (#9708082 - in reply to #9706802)
Subject: RE: A reminder when loading cattle...

southern MN
Wife and I were scouting crops on the Polaris. Drove past the pasture, the few cattle were lounging around in the grass. Got down the field road and, the grass was trampled. On the field road.

One of those things that gives you a bad feeling in the pit of your stomach, but I -just- saw all the cattle Eve n counted them, 67 seconds earlier..... so the bad feeling turned into more of a curious feeling.....

Kept driving the field road, and the grass, little bit of the corn field, had hoof marks. Then I saw side by side tracks in my field road. Was close to the neighbors pasture now, so figure it was his deal. This time.

I got no call or email or anything, so assume they didn’t put mine back in. But were dealing with theirs.

I’ll have to tease them the next time I see them. Most of the family should be away, they are having a wedding in the next state this weekend.

We kind of have a standing joke between us, when my cattle get out they come home and stand beside my barn. When their cattle get out, they also come to my barn and stand outside it. The last time their cattle were out and I called, there was a short pause and ‘well do you just want to keep them? It would make this easier.....’

Good neighbors, we have fun.

Paul

Edited by paul the original 6/16/2022 10:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)