AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More battery transportation questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 6/18/2022 18:07 (#9711337 - in reply to #9705167)
Subject: RE: More battery transportation questions

Thumb of Michigan
On some various sites I visit, seemingly this one as well, electric golf carts are universally hated.

Except- usually by those that actually have one. We have 2 battery carts. Never had a gas golf cart, so can't fairly compare.

First one we bought was a 99 36V I bought in 2001 for my daughter. She beat it like a rented mule. Ran the original batteries 10 or 11 years. Replaced them with batteries from Sams club. About $500 if I recall. Got another 10 or 11 years from those. Replaced them again last year. Same story, $500 more/less. I just hauled it to our cabin this week, not at all afraid of it.

Bought a 3 yr old 48V cart a couple years ago for farm use. Has a dump box on it, still has the original batteries. I'll replace those when they go bad also, without feeling bad about it.

Yes, I know that gas carts sip fuel. Still need things like oil changes and tune ups I assume. We throw some grease at the front axle and check the rear diff if we think of it. Clean the batteries about every year or 2.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)