AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

thawed/refreezing beef dumb wife!!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jcfarmboy
Posted 6/15/2022 11:57 (#9706545 - in reply to #9705936)
Subject: RE: thawed/refreezing beef dumb wife!!!!

South Western Ontario, Canada
Mitchco - 6/15/2022 05:32

I would have reacted about the same way and probably have or worse to my wife. After cooling down I would have apologized and still be in the doghouse for a while. Good thing for me that she is as smart as me when it comes to things like this. We picked up 2 animals from the butcher on a hot day this last April. The butcher is 17 miles away and she was concerned we wouldn't get it in our freezer fast enough. The best part for me is she puts up with me and my bad attitude.

Mitchco

I won't lie....I'm the same. I would have lost my temper too.
It wouldn't take long for me to cool off and apologize though. I'm getting better with age. BUT right now with financial tough times it's harder on the both of us and she realizes she can't be as careless as before.

My wife is a town girl and her father did a great deal of things for her so she never learned how to do much by herself (even pump gas so she didnt really know how it worked.....so being in the country she has had to learn and adapt. I won't pump her gas (unless she is in good clothes then I will.

I asked her to help run the forklift whe I was installing rear tire that was full of calcium and had cast weights on it. I showed her the ONLY lever to use and showed her which way was up and down. Literally one minute later I asked her to go up and she shoved the lever in the down position. Tire fell and came close enough to crushing me that I lost my temper on her. I apologized after but that was last time I asked her for help when I could loose my life.

Last fall I needed help with combining and ask if she could help. Once I got her in tractor she was fine AFTER I got out...while I was in the cab she couldn't remember what to do.
Same with this spring...set her in cultivator (same tractor as the buggy and she love it) and she was just fine after I got out. Set her in the planter tractor(she hates that tractor) she did a great job.

It's better now I know I can throw her into stuff with more responsibility as long as I get out right after.... the year she can see her job with the planter and has commented that she should raise and lower it at different times(cover crop so no big deal and soybeans I just made another pass to cover it up).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)