AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

thawed/refreezing beef dumb wife!!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mrs B
Posted 6/15/2022 11:19 (#9706489 - in reply to #9705005)
Subject: RE: thawed/refreezing beef dumb wife!!!!

Highland Center, in Southeast Iowa

grainbinder - 6/14/2022 13:56 We recently had a whole finished beef butchered. We didn't pay anything out of pocket other than the processing. The cost of the animal was an exchange of labor and other things by myself. My wife went to pick up the meat this past Saturday. The butcher closed at noon. The location was 1 hour plus away from our house. She did not return with the meat until 5pm at which time it went into the freezer. A portion of the hamburger was still soft as a sponge at 3pm the next day. The night before, Friday, she told me that she was going for the meat on Saturday and that she didn't know if she would be back before I would be going to work? I told her that she could not go running errands/shopping/pissing around, WTF, get home!. She told me she would throw a blanket over it. I told her that she couldn't do that. Well, she did it! She left the meat in the car for much of the afternoon and went shopping and it thawed out. How much it thawed out, I do not know. I lost it yesterday and told her that a trip to California the end of the month with my 16 year old daughter is off. I said not going to happen! I told her there is only 2 types of people that do something this stupid.....1.) A drug user, 2.) Mentally retarded. What do I do here?

Think hard before you berate and downgrade the decisions your wife makes. You're her biggest one. 

ETA:  It makes me incredibly sad to think of you punishing your daughter for something she had no part of. Whatever is between you and your wife, and aside from what you've shared here, we don't know that, your daughter will only be 16 this one time. Depriving her of a trip she's looking forward to only to try to hurt your wife says probably more about what it's like living with you than the tirade you've shared.  You're likely thinking if you use this mess to cancel out on the trip, your daughter will blame your wife as well, and you'll be the hero. Wanna bet??

Edited by Mrs B 6/15/2022 11:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)