AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

thawed/refreezing beef dumb wife!!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

oldskool
Posted 6/14/2022 21:56 (#9705701 - in reply to #9705299)
Subject: RE: thawed/refreezing beef dumb wife!!!!

johndeere1 - 6/14/2022 16:47
Haha your one funny sob. She Probly cancelled the order because your a prick. Maybe do your family a favour and move out.

That wasn’t necessary. The guy had a bad day and needed a place to vent. What’s next, drive to his house and kick his dog while he’s down? If a local came in the bar with similar trouble I doubt you’d call him names and tell him to move out.

To the OP, working together with a spouse can be tough to impossible at times. If she did the gasket deal out of spite I’m not sure she has a full grasp of where the cash comes from in the operation. Does she have another plan for getting gaskets? If not, that’s another conversation to have about actions and consequences. If talking isn’t getting it done maybe it’s time to go a step in another direction. Whether that be counseling, her finding a job somewhere else or splitting I don’t know.

Since most of the replies are from guys that never had any spousal issues I’ll share a story from when I was first married. My wife was raised on a ranch that ran blue equipment and I ran mostly green at the time. She came with me feeding and I showed her where the throttle and the pto were. Explained what rpm’s to turn on the feed wagon and what rpm’s to rev it to pretty well in my mind. So I’m loading feed and I give her the thumbs up to turn it on, on it comes and I continue loading. A dump later the pto quits turning. So I get out to see what’s up. She had only moved the lever enough to engage the clutches instead of completely engaging the lever. The pto pack, pto brake and a few other things didn’t weather that storm well. I was dang sure frustrated but I didn’t say anything for a good hour. When I cooled down I explained exactly where to move the lever, how fast etc. A month later as we were tearing into it the wife asked how often we had to do this. I said every time a lever gets put in the wrong spot. Took a minute, and then it clicked, the yellow lever inside the cab runs all this? Yes it does and if the oil is low, it doesn’t get greased, or gets taken through a pasture in road gear we will be right back here also. Between that and the parts bill it really made an impression. Stuff still gets broke( by both of us) but there’s been a mutual respect for equipment and vehicles since.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)