AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

thawed/refreezing beef dumb wife!!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

oldskool
Posted 6/14/2022 15:53 (#9705161 - in reply to #9705005)
Subject: RE: thawed/refreezing beef dumb wife!!!!

There’s a lot to unpack here. It reads like you’re the breadwinner, if so do you run the finances? Doesn’t sound like it clicked with her as to how much the beef was worth and the consequences of letting it thaw. How did that conversation end is my biggest curiosity, did she agree not to run other errands or just blow it off and it’ll be fine? If there’s a way to have her pay for the beef doing extra work on weekends etc that would be my suggestion.

Here we have a rule if someone breaks something they get to help fix it. Still costs money in parts, but it sure makes people pay attention when they’re the one taking a hydro/diesel/antifreeze bath to fix it if they don’t focus.

Honestly, losing your temper didn’t help, but you sound stressed out in your post. Maybe start by explaining the cost of the beef both in dollars and your labor. $3000 usually is an attention getter. If you can keep it cool and sound calm as you explain there isn’t room in the budget to make those kinds of mistakes on purpose she more then likely will apologize. At which time is a good time to do the same and tell her you’re stressed. If there’s more to the situation, which is usually the case, you might need to start the discussion at the root of the problem and not expect an apology same day.

Best of luck, and I hope it works out for the best.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)