AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven with Ag Leader??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/15/2022 07:43 (#9706125 - in reply to #9705036)
Subject: Raven adapter cable

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Ill dig around in my box of assorted cables and see what I can find. My "adapter harness" was designed to replace a 440 or 450 both of which have built in section switches. Your 460 does not. This may or may not be a problem depending on how your current sections switches are wired in. The "signal or trigger" wires for the section valves must go through the Raven 16 pin connector. With a 440 or 450 this would always be the case, with a 460 maybe or maybe not.

When using an Ag Leader the section switches become inputs to the Auxiliary Input Module and do NOT directly open/close the section valves as was the case in the past with the Raven. The Auxiliary Input Module conveys your intentions to the Liquid Product Control module which does the actual controlling of the section valves.

An old trick I learned from a coworker in situations like this is: Remove the 460 and temporarily replace it with a 450 for a test. Leave your present boom valve switches in the OFF position and try to cycle the boom valves using the built in switches on the 450. If the built in switches open/close the boom valves then you 460 could be replaced with the Ag Leader system without rewiring.

If this doesn't work there is always a way but some rewiring would be involved.

If you wish to discuss this further drop me an email or call me @ five oh seven, 5 two 5, oh, oh, sixty six.

Edited by tedbear 6/15/2022 07:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)