AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Education from lowes post
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Pvafarm
Posted 6/12/2022 07:56 (#9701416 - in reply to #9701079)
Subject: RE: Education from lowes post

Southeast WI
Sorry I got you worked up. It's easy to see your breadth of experiences and how thats shaped your view of the world. You obviously have a different perspective on the education system and had a much different experience than I did. Grade school through 5 years of college (yeah 5 years because I really enjoyed myself the first couple years) were instrumental in teaching me things I couldn't learn at home. It augmented everything my parents taught me and went well beyond where they were deficient. It helped my wife and I create a life not having to work for somebody else.

If you weren't so obtuse you would be able to see our education system is in place as it is to tease out kids like this that have the drive and will to do something different but if they aren't exposed to all kinds of avenues in life they just don't know they are there. It's BS that you can just look up a career on the internet and say gee I want to do that. Had my nephew from the city come out and ride with me Friday afternoon. Had him doing stand counts, taught him how to stage corn and bean plants, he interacted with a few of my clients. He is 13. He thanked me for taking the time with him cause he never really knew things I did and why. Kids need hands on experience in real world careers to understand.

So anyway, I know I'm wasting my breathe on a basically no name no location poster that knows everything. We have a saying around here they you can't tell anything to someone that knows everything.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)